Menu

Top Main Categories

Recent Listings

 
Search all: Invalid Type
The Hear and Say Centre for deaf children

The Hear and Say Centre for deaf children

  • 0 Stars.
An early intervention, family focused program teaching young children who are deaf or hearing impaired to listen and speak to enable them to live in the hearing world with opportunities for a mainstream education, employment of choice and full social integration with the hearing community. The Centre uses the modern technology of the cochlear implant or digital hearing aids combined with Auditory- Verbal Therapy to teach the children to communicate with clear, natural speech and language.
The Centre is Queensland wide with branches on the Gold and Sunshine coasts, Cairns, a visiting service to the Darling Downs and a unique Outreach program for rural and remote families. Its outcomes are world class with 93% of its graduates in the mainstream. The other 7% are children with other disabilities.
The Centre provides a full program to support the child and its family on their journey from the silent world into the world of sound.


07 3870 2221

PO Box 930 Brisbane, Queensland Toowong 4066 Australia



Map

Other Categories:
 Children